Queensland again today reported no new cases of COVID-19 and Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk told residents to stay away from NSW.
Ms Palaszczuk said the state had only 5 active cases and, so far, six Queenslanders had died.
Speaking in Proserpine, Ms Palaszczuk said the state would take stronger border action if it was needed and more clusters of community transmission were found interstate.
“I would advise all Queenslanders at the moment not to travel to NSW. It is time to stay safe and stay in Queensland,” she said.
The premier said the State would send more support to Victoria if it was requested. It has already sent nurses to help with the outbreaks in Melbourne.
“We’ve got to think of better times when we get through this world pandemic,” she said.
Victoria today recorded another 384 new cases and six more deaths.
Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews said four of those deaths were linked to private sector aged care.
Earlier Prime Minister Scott Morrison cancelled a tour of Queensland to focus on the urgent crisis at Victorian aged care homes.
Mr Morrison was on the Sunshine Coast on Tuesday where he took a tour at tuna producer Walker Seafoods and a ginger factory.
However, he will now return to Canberra to join the response to the outbreaks at privately-run aged care facilities.
RELATED: Nabbed doing a runner at border
“We have just over 80 facilities out of just over 430 in Victoria which has been affected,” Mr Morrison said.
“I had been planning to be in Queensland for the next few days.
“I think the urgency of the situation requires me to return to Canberra.
“We really are dealing with a health crisis, and we are dealing with an economic crisis.”